Are you thinking of attending the conference, or submitting a paper? Why not take a look at our selection of abstracts for inspiration. We’ve received some fascinating proposals from all across the world, all of which will contribute to an interesting and varied programme. To get started, we’ve picked out a few highlights below…
- trans-Atlantic encounters
- meanings of place and placelessness
- maintaining identity between old and new worlds
- migration and urban territories
- identity and community through rituals, practices, food, music and dance
- migrating memories and material culture
- sharing stories of migration
- making the concept of ‘home’ meaningful in a mobile world
These are just a few of the papers that have been selected so far. With the second call for papers still open (deadline 15 Dec), we are receiving new abstracts all the time and would welcome your contribution.
Want to find out more?
- See the full list of abstracts, updated with new abstracts over the coming weeks: Abstracts
- See the full call for papers and submit an abstract: Call for papers